Weekly Roundup 9: My Obsessions
Updated: 4 hours ago
The past few days have been spent in bed sick, still falling deeper into the sticky web of Netflix original holiday movies, and struggling to keep up with real-life things that I haven't had the energy to see through. I went to a bar + arcade over the weekend, and could have very well caught this small virus (or what Tobias has officially deemed "Squid Rickets*") there, but it has left me feeling pathetic - although excited that I have an excuse to drink hot chocolate in bed all day.
*Side note: Tobias calls all sickness 'rickets' and I recently said "I don't think rickets means what you think it means" and he responded "It's when children's bones get weak from a lack of vitamin D" and I was like "Oh okay, then I stand corrected, that was a fairly accurate definition."
But enough about me! We have things to talk about, so let's get to it:
1. The Golden Globe nominations have been released! Awards season is like my Super Bowl, and the Golden Globes kick it all off, making it my favorite presentation.
2. I am enamored with these pies that look like paintings. They are too beautiful to eat! (Much like a chocolate frog I was once gifted. I felt so terrible eating him but eventually did because, well, chocolate.)
3. A teaser trailer for The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 2 has dropped and I am pumped. The first season was perfect creepy, campy fun and I can't wait to see what else Greendale has to offer - plus hopefully a crossover episode with RIVERDALE!
4. I am currently very into these mini alley way inserts that slip in between your books. A whole other little world hidden between worlds!
5. It's the most wonderful time of the year - AKA when all of the 2018 Best Books Lists get published. Check out this one from NPR.
6. Feeling stuck, or like you're lacking in creativity? I love this article about intentionally creating more 'ah-ha!' moments.
7. With feelings of the holiday season in the air, let's not forget that Star Wars has a Holiday Special. If you haven't seen this masterpiece, then I would highly recommend a little watch. Just don't get mad at me after. Thoughts from George Lucas on the special: "If I had time and a hammer, I'd track down every bootleg copy and smash it."
8. I have only just *now* found out about the Scottish Zombie Christmas Musical Anna and the Apocalypse, and am very interested. This sounds like a potential new holiday favorite.
We have reached the end of this Weekly Roundup! Read something you like? Keep the share-the-love train going.
Are you a fan of board games or DnD? Columbus has a thriving tabletop scene. Check out my article with Columbus Navigator.