Weekly Roundup 4: My Obsessions
Updated: 4 hours ago
Hello, hello, hello! I cannot believe that we are practically halfway through October. Earlier this week, I spent time crafting with my mom and sister while watching The Haunted Mansion (2003) (AKA, getting decoration inspo for my future home. I demand secret passageways and ghosts!) to gear up for my favorite holiday.
I'm also happy to report that I have continued my manic wake-up-at-6am-every-day-and-write routine, and am surprisingly enjoying it? Honestly, I barely recognize myself anymore. I don't think I am quite ready for the responsibility of taking on a "morning person" identity yet - I mean, I don't even drink coffee - I typically just use hot chocolate and hope no one notices. So basically, I am failing at this whole ~persona already.
But all in all, this week is kind of flying by, which means it is time for another Weekly Update of [my obsessions].
Annnnnd here we go!
1. I absolutely adore Taika Waititi - especially his 2014 mockumentary What We Do In the Shadows. I've been following the development of the new American spin-off series, which will be based on a group of vampires living in New York City. It sounds absolutely hilarious, and I can't wait.
2. Tomorrow, Crazy-Ex Girlfriend season four finally premieres! I love this strange, musical show about being a woman, falling in love, mental illness, and other completely random stuff. Although I am sad that this is the last season, I am glad this brilliant show is coming to and end on its own terms.
3. Are you folks following Jenny Lawson, The Bloggess? She is my favorite blogger, and author of Furiously Happy. Two years ago, my mom and Tobias both bought me a copy for Christmas because they thought I'd enjoy it - and they were totally right (also I am very honored that they both saw a book with a picture of a deranged taxidermy raccoon on the front and thought of me).
I wanted to keep both books because I have a problem, but gifted one to a friend who also laughed and cried her way through. Jenny speaks with honesty on mental health and every day bizarre occurrences. Plus, she has a haunted dollhouse, so she is basically my idol.
4. One day I will make it to NYCC, but until them, I will obsessively refresh all of my social media feeds looking for updates each year. I am deeply pleased that Business Insider covered some much-anticipated video game releases, including KINGDOM HEARTS III!
5. I cannot believe I JUST learned that Carrie Fisher has an entire STREET in Paris. Upon finding out via Mark Hammil's Tweet, I promptly squealed AND cried. I am fortunate enough to have visited Paris before (in 2011), but now I really want to go back and see! This! Street! And you know - take in the history and culture too. I will love you forever, Carrie.
6. I recently ordered a gorgeous pair of Twin Peaks earrings as a birthday gift from SpaceRebelStudio on Etsy and wanted to give them a shout-out! They have so many creative, high quality pieces, including these Eleven/DnD inspired earrings from Stranger Things that I desperately need.
We have reached the end of this Weekly Roundup! Read something you like? Keep the share-the-love train going.
Follow me on Twitter @JordanAbbz and on Facebook at The Hedgehog Files for more.