Weekly Roundup 2: My Obsessions
Updated: 3 hours ago
Last night I drank apple cider while playing a psionic in my friend's tabletop RPG, and today I busted out ankle boots and a sweater. The leaves are falling, and Halloween decorations are practically pouring out of stores - we are in our element, people. Can you feel it?
Since my last update, I've already watched John Carpenter's Halloween, yelled at Tobias for calling ALF a Muppet (because seriously? Insulting.) and went to my alma mater's homecoming where I got a chai tea latte from Java Central - which is literally the best chai tea latte in the whole entire world. Nothing else compares. I mean, seeing my friends was nice too, but....chai tea latte.
And with that, another weekend is approaching! Which means a new:
Weekly Roundup [my obsessions]:
1. A friend recently recommended the DailyArt App, and I am loving it. Each day, it gives you a new piece of art with a mini art history lesson.
2. I can't believe that I have only recently started following Molly Yeh, a food blogger who is the absolute coolest human. Molly graduated from Juilliard, and currently lives on a farm with her husband where she cooks, bakes, and takes photos.
3. Tonight, season three of The Good Place premieres! I thoroughly enjoy this whacky show that made ethics cool again. Also, if you haven't delved into the theories surrounding The Good Place and Parks and Recreation being in the same universe, you need to. We'll ignore the fact that Kristen Bell has played two different characters in each...unless there is a twin afoot? I'm sure it's explained on Reddit somewhere.
Furthermore, this article ranking Janet's outfits is very important.
"The owner is a self-proclaimed ‘vampirologist’ who goes under the name of Jacques Sirgent. By day, he works as an English teacher and Bram Stoker translator, but night is when his true passion comes to life. He is an expert scholar on all things vampire, a true connaisseur whose knowledge on the subject is hard to rival."
So basically, how do I get his job?
6. If you haven't yet, please subscribe to Pome by Matthew Ogle. Every day, you will get a short poem straight to your inbox.
7. In case you haven't heard, Zendaya is Meechee. I have probably watched this video ten times, and do not plan on stopping.
8. I am embarrassed to say that I don't own any of these Star Wars games. But I did buy the Star Wars original soundtrack on vinyl over the weekend, so maybe that sort of makes up for it?
9. Although I am not opposed to gore by any means, I am pretty out on shock horror or anything that is super realistic. Basically, I am more a "That is clearly ketchup blood!" kind of gal. I am feeling this list of super creepy but gore-free films.
We have reached the end of this Weekly Roundup! Read something you like? Keep the share-the-love train going.
This week, a book I am featured in became available on Amazon!
Follow me on Twitter @JordanAbbz and on Facebook at The Hedgehog Files for more.