Weekly Roundup: My Obsessions
Updated: 2 hours ago
Hello everyone, and happy almost ~officially~ FALL! Since my last update I gave my site a little makeover and have been trying to teach myself how to edit videos in the most basic, simplistic way possible.
I've also had a realization/new idea: One of my greatest joys is sharing things I find intriguing with people I love. If I learn something cool, I want to repeatedly scream it from the top of a building and text it to every single person I know. As you can imagine, this is probably inconvenient for everyone. So instead, I am going to change up my blogging a little bit.
Let's try something new: A Weekly Roundup, from yours truly, sharing my obsessions. Each week, I'll put together a quick little list featuring art, pop culture and nerd culture news, media, cool articles, and anything else that has stuck out to me. This will be a blast for me and hopefully fun for you too!
Without further ado, here we go:
Time for the Weekly Roundup [my obsessions]
2. Need a break from reality? Plan the meal of your dreams with an online menu, where the only limit is your imagination.
4. After briefly mentioning this in my last post, I still cannot reiterate enough how excited I am for these new Switch titles.
6. After watching Westworld, I have been low-key infatuated with Jimmi Simpson. It's fine. Anyway, he posted about this new show coming to Hulu that checks all of my interests.
7. Speaking of new shows, did you see the trailer for Netflix's The Haunting of Hill House??! I watched it early this morning, in my room, in the dark, and convinced myself that my apartment was haunted.
8. I follow Faith Schaffer, an artist with Crunchyroll, who draws the most adorable little witches. She has prints for sale, just in time for spooky season.
9. For the past couple of weeks, I have been snacking on Trader Joe's mini black and white cookies and their seltzer water with a splash. It is my go-to snack after a long day as I light a candle and watch Riverdale.
10. I'm the nearing the end of my current read, Not Just Me: Anxiety, Depression, and Learning to Embrace Your Weird by Lisa Jakub (also known as the woman who played the little girl in Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)). This book discusses various types of mental stress, anxiety, and depression, and how to cope. It features stories from real people, sourced research, and techniques to help anyone struggling start to gain back control.
All right, here is the end of my first Weekly Roundup! Read something you like? Keep the share-the-love train going!